SCNS offers PART-TIME programs (2.5 – 3 hours per day) for 2 & 3 year old children from September through June.
Please Note: This is not a full day child care centre.
SCNS is proud to participate in the Federal Government’s Canada-Wide-Early-Learning-Child-Care (CWELCC) initiative supported by the City of Ottawa and facilitated by Ministry of Education, committing to reduce our daily fees. As of right now, our fees are $12/program day.
REGISTRATION for the September 2024 through June 2025 school term will start on Monday April 8th @ 12 PM
Alumni Families: please send an email to the school PRIOR to April 5th for your instructions!
PLEASE NOTE: THE PROCESS FOR REGISTRATION HAS CHANGED!
The 2-step process is as follows:
- In order to process any application at SCNS all children must be registered on the CCRAW (Childcare Registry and Waitlist) system!
- www.oneHSN.com/Ottawa and choose the appropriate program. (Registering on this site DOES NOT guarantee your enrolment at SCNS – see step 2 below!)
- A step-by-step guide to filling in your child’s CCRAW application can be found HERE.
- If you require financial support from the City of Ottawa in order to pay your daily fee, you will need to fill in an application for the Fee Subsidy. This takes time, and until your application is approved by the City of Ottawa, your child cannot be placed in an SCNS program UNLESS you agree to pay the FULL FEES at $12/day until your application is processed.
- Registering on CCRAW does NOT guarantee enrolment at SCNS. Once the SCNS application form is accepted you will receive an “official” enrolment letter from the school.
- SCNS uses our own application form to officially enroll children. Registration to SCNS are time stamped and will be processed in the order they are received. The SCNS application form will be uploaded at 12 PM on the registration date.
- Your Application will be available HERE at 12 PM on 8-April-24!
- Once our programs are FULL, we will be using CCRAW to manage our Waiting List! (see step 1 for information on how to register there)
If you have any questions about registration, please send an email to: connect with our Registrar.
To have a look at our preschool setting, please refer to the TOUR page of our website and scroll to the bottom to see panoramic views of our outdoor play yard, our 2-year old classroom, and our 3-year old classroom. (To move around, CLICK on the picture and drag your mouse left or right)
ADDITIONAL REMINDERS: Report Your Child’s Vaccination It is the responsibility of parents to register their children’s immunizations with Ottawa Public Health. CLICK HERE for information from Ottawa Public Health on how you can update your child’s immunization record.
FOR YOUR REFERENCE: SCNS Handbook & Policies for Parents – Stuff you need to know!